You can’t walk away from it: Any time you put people on foot near people behind a wheel there’s an accident in the making. And what if you’re the pedestrian who’s injured in such an accident? Don’t think your victimhood automatically gets you rewarded. You’ll need a lawyer – a good personal injury lawyer experienced in handling pedestrian accident cases.
Maryland pedestrians have such a lawyer in Jobeth R. Bowers. He and his MD Crash team at Bowers Law Baltimore are known for helping pedestrian accident victims get the compensation they deserve for their injuries. And that, right there, is the biggest reason to seek Bowers’ help. Attendant to that reason are other, related reasons as well. Let’s walk through them:
1. A good, experienced pedestrian accident attorney will review your case for free and explain your legal rights clearly so you know what you’re up against with insurance companies.2. Insurance companies are notorious for shortchanging pedestrians injured by drivers. A typical insurance company ploy is to move liability away from the driver to another party, including the pedestrian. If that pedestrian is you, you’ll likely find adjusters pushing you hard to sign for a quick settlement – which is how they get you to settle for far less money than what your damages are worth. 3. An attorney will investigate your pedestrian accident thoroughly, from every angle, to make sure that
- the circumstances of the accident are accurately established,
- the party or parties responsible for your injuries are identified, and
- every source of compensation available to you is pursued.
4. The kind of damages a good pedestrian accident attorney can win for you include compensation for
- medical expenses such as hospital stays, physical therapy and treatment, doctor visits, prescription meds, prosthetics, if necessary, medical equipment, and so on;
- lost income for any time you were unable to work during your recovery;
- diminished earning capacity due to disabilities created by your injuries that prevent you from returning to the job you had and earning the same wage or salary and raises you could expect from the job you had
- pain and suffering – not just the physical anguish you experience as a result of your injuries but the emotional anguish as well; and
- diminished quality of life, which involves an assessment of how your accident-caused disabilities or disfigurement, if such is the case, prevent you from living your life as freely as you did before the accident.
5.. Having an attorney handle all the investigating and negotiating to get you the compensation you’re due can ease your mind and allow you to focus more fully on recovering from your injuries.
6. If, for whatever reason, a fair settlement can’t be achieved through negotiation, an attorney can represent in you in court and advocate on your behalf.
Attorney Jobeth Bowers excels in providing all of these legal services – and has proven to be an especially effective trial lawyer. Call 410-975-7000 or otherwise contact Bowers Law Baltimore for a free review of your pedestrian accident case. That’s the surest way to walk away with the compensation you deserve.